Talk:T'Pau (Star Trek)
|WikiProject Star Trek||(Rated Redirect-class)|
|WikiProject Fictional characters||(Rated Redirect-class)|
Move to T'Pau
- Cburnett 06:19, Apr 6, 2005 (UTC)
- Clearly. Netoholic @ 18:00, 2005 Apr 7 (UTC)
- I've heard of both the band and the Star Trek character, but I confess I'm a bit of a trekkie. I really don't know which is the more common use. Star Trek fans are everywhere on the Internet, so a google search will probably show that. I suggest each article have a short disambig note at the top pointing to the other. --Jonathunder 19:21, 2005 Apr 7 (UTC)
- Oppose - it may be that the band is named after the character, but I would suggest that the band is considerably more famous - in fact, I'd not heard of the Star Trek reference until I saw this. So this is good disambiguation. sjorford →•← 08:17, 6 Apr 2005 (UTC)
- Oppose. T'Pau the band was quite notable, and I think a disambiguation page is necessary because it is possible there will be people looking for information about the band, not the character. 23skidoo 14:21, 6 Apr 2005 (UTC)
- Agree with the above. violet/riga (t) 23:22, 6 Apr 2005 (UTC)
- Oppose G-Man 18:41, 7 Apr 2005 (UTC)
- Boy, that was a really fast 5 days. Cburnett 01:13, Apr 7, 2005 (UTC)
- I know, sorry about that! Quite amusing actually - I'd not realised that I'd scrolled up accidentally and then came along here thinking it was one that needed doing now! I have no problem if you want to list it again (or I will put it back there for you if you want). Sorry about that! violet/riga (t) 09:01, 7 Apr 2005 (UTC)
- Way to act human and make a mistake, jeez. :) So for no one seems to be for it but so far it's 3/3 for those that had heard of the band. Cburnett 17:34, Apr 7, 2005 (UTC)
- Thanks for waiting as I did get a few more support votes. :) Cburnett 22:09, Apr 12, 2005 (UTC)
T'Pau on Voyager?
Memory Alpha and a couple of websites say that another version of T'Pau (who appears to be played by an unidentified Oriental actress) appears in the Voyager episode "Darkling", yet other sources say this character is an unnamed Vulcan matriarch. I've never seen "Darkling" - can anyone confirm if the character seen in The Doctor's holodeck simulation is actually referred to on screen as T'Pau? If so, who plays her? We should make note of this additional appearance, not to mention that if an Oriental actress did play her, that sort of puts paid to the controversy over Kara Zediker's accent since the Voyager version didn't exactly match Amok Time, either. Thanks. 23skidoo 05:24, 22 May 2005 (UTC)
- A holographic version of T'Pau was indeed featured in "Darkling"; but she did not speak, content to sit and play kal-toh against another holodeck character. She was mentioned by name by the Doctor; there's no doubt, it's all in the script. The acress playing her was not credited, though she looked closer to the "old" T'Pau than to Kara's portrayl. I guess it really is Cochrane syndrome. CNash 22:37, 19 July 2005 (UTC)
I swapped the image of the young T'Pau with the image of the older one from the original series, since it's more likely this is the image people associate with the character.DailyRich 19:26, 12 March 2007 (UTC)
Fair use rationale for Image:T'pau.jpg
Image:T'pau.jpg is being used on this article. I notice the image page specifies that the image is being used under fair use but there is no explanation or rationale as to why its use in this Wikipedia article constitutes fair use. In addition to the boilerplate fair use template, you must also write out on the image description page a specific explanation or rationale for why using this image in each article is consistent with fair use.
Please go to the image description page and edit it to include a fair use rationale. Using one of the templates at Wikipedia:Fair use rationale guideline is an easy way to insure that your image is in compliance with Wikipedia policy, but remember that you must complete the template. Do not simply insert a blank template on an image page.
If there is other fair use media, consider checking that you have specified the fair use rationale on the other images used on this page. Note that any fair use images lacking such an explanation can be deleted one week after being tagged, as described on criteria for speedy deletion. If you have any questions please ask them at the Media copyright questions page. Thank you.